29 May 2014

May Blog Circle | Shallow Depth of Field at Corbett's Glen

Lindsay Crandall Photography

I'm not gonna lie. The day I walked around Corbett's Glen was awesome! But here's the dirty little secret of it: I've spent the majority of my life in Rochester and somehow have never been there before. What? How is that even possible?! I really don't know. So, when I found myself with a free morning to explore the glen (alone!), I happily took advantage. 

It worked out perfectly for this month's blog circle theme: shallow depth of field. This is one of my favorite things. It creates one sliver of focus and the rest gets that blurry, out-of-focus look. And here's another secret: The closer the camera is to the subject, the blurrier the background gets. Pretty cool, huh?

So, in keeping with that theme, all of these photographs are shot "wide open" (another photography term for shallow depth of focus). Happy end of May to you!

Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment