05 March 2014

Nothing is Ordinary

I see this saying a lot, probably on Instagram though I can't be certain right this minute. And it's probably in hashtag form, like all good things. I like it. I like its quirky irony. Everything is ordinary, yet somehow nothing is. Right.

I like ordinary because that's what most of what fills my life. Ordinary moments, ordinary things. I like being able to capture the ordinary with my camera and lift it up a bit to extraordinary, even if the only one who feels that way is me. And so I have begun carrying my camera around with me more often. You never know when the ordinary needs a little lift. Like, for example, a trip to the library on a Saturday morning, which seems as good a time as any to celebrate with a photo or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment