12 August 2014

Why I Love Seniors Portraits | Rochester, NY Senior Photographer

Lindsay Crandall Photography

When people ask me what I love to photograph, my answer more often than not is seniors. I just LOVE photographing high school seniors. I mean, I love photographing families and children, too -- don't get me wrong -- but seniors make my heart sing, just a tiny bit more than the rest. 

There's something so special about this time of life. Still girls, but becoming women. Getting more comfortable in their skin, but not quite there. It's the sweetness, the self-consciousness, the willingness to be themselves that gets me. When I photograph a girl with a sparkling personality, it can't help but come out in her photos. Whoever she is just comes out, no matter how I suggest she stand or hold her hand up to her face. And I just love that!

When I was having my senior portraits done, I went to a generic photography studio that a friend was also using. The photographs were beautiful, but they were also generic -- my friend and I ended up with the same setups for our portraits. And that's probably great for some people. But! I love tailoring a session to a specific senior, or simply asking, "How do you feel about _________?" (Insert flower crowns, bubbles, confetti, sunglasses, flowers, etc. and you get the idea.)

I just LOVE taking senior portraits! And I can't wait for many more senior seasons to come!!

Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography
Lindsay Crandall Photography


Lindsay Crandall is a creative portrait photographer in Rochester, New York and surrounding areas 
who specializes in senior portraits and family photography
Lindsay is known for her authentic, creative, fun photo sessions, 
and still has room for a few more seniors this summer, so let me know if you're interested.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful work.
    i somehow landed on the blogcircle and found my way here... :)
    patty @ www.pattychristopher.com

    ReplyDelete